Dienstag, 15. Januar 2008

Getting what you want...

"You can't always get what you want", was what Mick Jagger of The Rolling Stones sang, concluding "You get what you need."

Well, I can only say, the man is right! (And he needed a Rock'n Roll life, I guess...)

Creating Gaiaspace is my passion, it's what I want - and it is also what I feel called to create. So I'm not only getting what I want, I also get what I - and I feel the leading edge of the world - needs.

So I was quite happy today to find this post at the Think Simple Now blog:

There are many reasons why we don’t always get what we want. One of these reasons is because we focus on the opposite of what we want. Sometimes, we just can’t help it. But, if we are conscious of our thoughts, we can intercept these thoughts and shift our frame of mind towards our desired goals.

Have you ever been particularly annoyed by a person or situation? The more we complain about it, the more we notice it. The more we notice it, the worse it becomes. The next time we interact with that person or situation, we almost expect to be annoyed and thus subconsciously look for those small triggers that’ll make us annoyed.

In a similar example of an opposite scenario: Have you ever shopped for a particular kind of car which you’ve never noticed before? For example, a black SmartCar or a silver Toyota Prius. And suddenly, you see them everywhere? Similarly, have you shopped for a particular piece of clothing, let’s say a blazer style jacket for the spring, and suddenly you notice them everywhere?

Whether we focus on things we want or do not want, the truth is that What we focus on expands.

From my experience, dreams do come true, for the sole reason that the more you focus on something, the more of it you’ll notice and you’ll be particularly sensitive to opportunities that’ll come your way which will allow your dreams to become your reality.

more...

Blogged with Flock

Keine Kommentare: